Seabank Rescue Home / King Street Home for Girls, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland

The Home for the Rescue of Fallen Females was established in 1862 at Holburn Street, Aberdeen.

Following a donation from John Gordon of Pitlurg, the Home moved to a property known as Seabank House, 31 King Street Road (later renumbered as 684 King Street), and became known as the Seabank Rescue Home.

For a period in the early 1900s, the Home was certified as an Inebriate Reformatory for Females.

In 1921, the managers of the establishment decided to give it a new role and it became a girls' training home and hostel with accommodation for up to 24 teenage girls. The King Street Home for Girls, as it was known, was still in operation in the 1970s. The building no longer exists.

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

  • No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.

Bibliography

  • None noted at present.