St Joseph's House, Chipping Barnet, Hertfordshire
St Joseph's House was established in 1872 at Brunswick Hill, off Wood Street, Chipping Barnet, Hertfordshire. It provided a home for around 30 Roman Catholic boys, aged from 14 years upwards, where they could be apprenticed in various trades taught by Catholic masters. Inmates could remain until the age of 21. A payment of between £10 and £20 was required.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.
- None noted at present.
- No surviving local records identified at present.
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.