Redholt Family Group Home / Francis House, Bradford, West Riding of Yorkshire
The Redholt children's home, at 78 Holly Bank Road, Bradford, was opened on September 1st, 1975, by the Catholic Diocese of Leeds Rescue and Protection Society (now known as Catholic Care). Redholt, a family group home, accommodated up to 10 children aged from 3 to 16 years. It replaced the Society's St Teresa's Home at Knaresborough, which closed on the same date. Like St Teresa's, Redholt was staffed by the Sisters of the Holy Family.
In 2013-4, Redholt was refurbished to provide respite/short-term residential provision for children and young people with learning disabilities. The official re-opening of what is now known as Francis House took place on 17th July, 2015.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals. Before travelling a long distance, always check that the records you want to consult will be available.
- Catholic Care (Diocese of Leeds), 11 North Grange Road Headingley, Leeds LS6 2BR.
- Leeds Roman Catholic Diocesan Archives, Hinsley Hall, 62 Headingley Lane, Leeds LS6 2BX. Has Diocesan Rescue and Protection Society and Catholic Care Annual Reports (1912 onwards).
- Finnigan, Robert et al, 150th Anniversary History 1863-2013 Catholic Care, Diocese of Leeds (2013, Catholic Care)
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.