Reformatory School for Boys, Clapham, London

On December 18th, 1917, a certificate was granted to London County Council to operate a Reformatory School for Boys at Russell House, 13-17 Cedars Road, Clapham, London SW4. The premises could accommodate 100 boys

The School closed in January, 1921. Later known as Cedars Lodge, the site became an old people's home administered by the London County Council. It was transferred to Southwark Council in 1965 and closed in 1969. In more recent times it has been used as a hostel for homeless people.

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

  • No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.

Bibliography