St Vincent's Orphanage, Drogheda, Co. Louth, Republic of Ireland

The St Vincent's Orphanage for Roman Catholic children at Drogheda was run by the Daughters of Charity of St Vincent de Paul. Opened by the 1860s, it occupied premises on Fair Street, Drogheda, adjacent to the Sisters' convent, known as the House of Charity.

The orphanage site in the early 1900s is shown on the map below.

St Vincent's Orphanage site, Drogheda, c.1900.

Former St Vincent's Orphanage, Drogheda, 2014. © Peter Higginbotham

The orphanage continued in operation until at least the 1950s.

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

Bibliography

  • None noted at present.