Home for Destitute Orphan Children, Grandtully, Perthshire, Scotland
The Home for Destitute Orphan Children was established in 1875 by Miss Jane J. Morrison at West Park (or Westpark), Grandtully, Perthshire. Children were received from the age of 2 to 8 years. Applicants had to be legitimate, healthy and in need. The Home was non-sectarian and accepted children from any part of the country. The children received 'a plain English education'. The girls were trained for domestic service, and remained at the Home until the age of 16. The boys were sent to another school at the age of 10.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.
- None noted at present.
- No surviving local records identified at present.
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.