Greenock Poorhouse, Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland

On 28 August 1855, the Greenock Poorhouse on Captain Street was certified under Dunlop's Act to operate as a Reformatory and receive children placed under confinement by a magistrate's court. The institution may also have subsequently been certified as an Industrial School. This arrangement ceased in 1859.

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

  • No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.

Bibliography

  • None noted at present.
  • None noted at present.