Tynepark Training Home for Girls / Tynepark School, Haddington, EastLothian, Scotland
In around 1911, the Church of Scotland established a Training Home for Girls at Tynepark House, Poldrate, Haddington, East Lothian. It provided accommodation for up to 24 girls from dangerous surroundings or needing training, aged 16-18 at their date of admission.
On 1 October 1945, the establishment was certified to operate as an Approved School, receiving girls placed under detention by a juvenile court.
Following Scotland's 1968 Social Work Act, Tynepark became a 'List D' School.
The school closed in 1983. The property is now believed to be in private residential use.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals. Before travelling a long distance, always check that the records you want to consult will be available.
- No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.
- None noted at present.
- None identified at present.
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.