Nazareth House, Hendon, Middlesex

In 1932, the Sisters of Nazareth purchased a property known as St Swithin's, at 54 Parson Street, Hendon. The building, renamed Nazareth House, was used as a training centre although was employed as an orphanage during the Second World War and for a period afterwards before returning to its previous role.

The property is now occupied by the Kisharon Adult Day Centre — a Jewish charity supporting people with learning difficulties.

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

  • Sisters of Nazareth Archive, Sisters of Nazareth Archive, Nazareth House, 169-175 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8DB. The archivist is Christine Hughes. The archive contains material from the very beginnings of the order in the 1850s up until the present day. The archive is not open to the public and does not have facilities for personal searchers, although exceptions can be made for Sisters and for academic researchers. Enquiries are welcomed by post only for privacy and confidentiality reasons and replies are by also letter. There is no fee for dealing with enquiries, although donations to the Sisters are appreciated.

Bibliography