Homerton Residential School for Deaf Children, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
The Homerton Residential School for Deaf Children was founded in 1909 at Homerton, north-east London. In 1921, the School moved to new premises at 'Rayners', Church Lane, Penn, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
The School was re-certified as a Special Industrial School on August 22, 1921, allowing it to receive deaf children whom the courts had committed to detention, as well as voluntary cases.
The establishment later became known as Rayner's School for the deaf. The site is now occupied by Penn School.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.
- Mahood, Linda Policing Gender, Class and Family: Britain, 1850-1940 (1995, Univeristy of Alberta Press)
- Prahms, Wendy Newcastle Ragged and Industrial School (2006, The History Press)
- None noted at present.
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.