Hill Top, Westwood Drive, Ilkley, West Riding of Yorkshire

Hill Top was a large house on Westwood Drive, Ilkley, on the edge of Ilkley Moor. By the early 1900s, it was in use as a convalescent home, a role it continued until the 1950s.

Hill Top, Westwood Drive, Ilkley, c.1915. © Peter Higginbotham

By 1959, the property was in use as a children's home, run by the West Riding County Coucil. The home could accommodate up to 26 children. It continued in operation into the 1970s.

The building no longer survives and the site is now covered by modern housing.

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

  • No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.

Bibliography

  • None noted at present.