Industrial School for Girls, Islington, London
On April 20th, 1912, premises at 6-7 Canonbury Place, Islington, London N1, were granted a temporary certificate for use as an Industrial School for Girls. The establishment could accommodate a maximum of 60 girls.
The home closed in 1915 on the expiry of its certificate.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.
- Mahood, Linda Policing Gender, Class and Family: Britain, 1850-1940 (1995, Univeristy of Alberta Press)
- Prahms, Wendy Newcastle Ragged and Industrial School (2006, The History Press)
- None noted at present.
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.