St Lucy's Home for Roman Catholic Girls, Liverpool, Lancashire
On December 20th, 1917, St Lucy's Home for Roman Catholic Girls was certified to operate as an Industrial School at 12 Holly Road, Fairfield, Liverpool. The Home provided treatment and care for ophthalmic cases and could accommodate up to 20 girls.
The Home's management resigned its certification as of June 4th, 1924.
In later times, the property housed a day nursery for Liverpool University, and was then occupied by Our Ladies' Hostel.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.
- Mahood, Linda Policing Gender, Class and Family: Britain, 1850-1940 (1995, Univeristy of Alberta Press)
- Prahms, Wendy Newcastle Ragged and Industrial School (2006, The History Press)
- None noted at present.
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.