Feltham and Mayford Industrial Schools: Auxiliary Home, Lowestoft, Suffolk
On June 21st, 1902, an Auxiliary Home for the Feltham and >Mayford Industrial Schools was certified for use at Lowestoft. The building, erected "on a plot facing the Battery Green", was described as "handsome and commodious" and was fitted with electric lighting. It could accommodate 50 boys. The property was presumably used as a seaside holiday home.
Use of the establishment appears to have ceased in around 1908.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals. Before travelling a long distance, always check that the records you want to consult will be available.
- No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.
- Mahood, Linda Policing Gender, Class and Family: Britain, 1850-1940 (1995, Univeristy of Alberta Press)
- Prahms, Wendy Newcastle Ragged and Industrial School (2006, The History Press)
- None noted at present.
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.