Auxiliary Home for Girls, Maida Vale, London

In 1922, the Metropolitan Association for Befriending Young Servants (MABYS) opened an Auxiliary Home for Girls at 40 Portsdown Road (now Randolph Avenue), Maida Vale, London W9. The Home had previously been located at Paddington Green. On June 14, 1922, the new establishment was certified to receive up to 18 girls from certified Industrial Schools. The Home provided hostel-style accommodation for girls aged from 14 to 20 who were leaving, or on licence from, one of the Schools in the capital, or who were former inmates between situations.

The establishment continued in operation until at least 1939.

40 Randolph Avenue (formerly Portsdown Road).

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

Bibliography

  • None noted at present.
  • None noted at present.