Sacred Heart Family Group Home, Hillsborough, Sheffield, West Riding of Yorkshire
In November, 1953, the Sisters of the Poor Child Jesus opened a family group home at 42-44 Dykes Hall Road, Hillsborough. The Home, which was under the overall management of the Leeds Diocesan Rescue and Protection Society (now Catholic Care), housed up to 12 children aged from 3 to 16 years. It was the Sisters' second children's establishment in the area, having previous opened the nearby Sacred Heart Cottage Home on Minto Road.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.
- Finnigan, Robert et al, 150th Anniversary History 1863-2013 Catholic Care, Diocese of Leeds (2013, Catholic Care)
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.