Sacred Heart Cottage Home, Hillsborough, Sheffield, West Riding of Yorkshire
In 1948, the Sisters of the Poor Child Jesus opened the Sacred Heart Cottage Home at 3 Minto Road, Hillsborough, Sheffield, adjacent to the Sacred Heart Convent. The Home, which was under the overall management of the Leeds Diocesan Rescue and Protection Society (now Catholic Care), could accommodate up to ten school-age girls.
In 1953, the Sisters opened second home close by, on Dykes Hall Road.
By the 1960s, the Minto Road establishment had become a family group home, housing up to nine children aged from 3 to 16 years.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.
- Finnigan, Robert et al, 150th Anniversary History 1863-2013 Catholic Care, Diocese of Leeds (2013, Catholic Care)
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.