Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

A girls' home was established by Barnardo's in around 1895 at 152 Bathurst Street, Toronto. The establishment may have operated as a maternity home for Barnardo girls who had become pregnant whilst in domestic service.

By 1911, the home appears to have relocated to Richmond Street West which was officially referred to as a 'rest house'.

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

Bibliography