664 Richmond Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

By 1911, Barnardo's had established a girls' home at 664 Richmond Street West, Toronto, thought to be a successor to an earlier home on Bathurst Street. The Richmond Street West establishment was officially described as a 'rest house for girls in service' but may have served as a maternity home for Barnardo girls who had become pregnant whilst in employment as domestic servants.

When the home closed is unclear but it may have made use of the Barnardo's premises at Peter Street when they were vacated in 1922.

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

Bibliography