Our Lady's Hostel for Business Girls / Our Lady's House, Willesden, London
>Our Lady's Hostel for Business Girls was established in 1928 at 247 Willesden Lane, Willesden, London NW10. It was run by a Roman Catholic order of nuns, the Daughters of Charity of St Vincent de Paul.
The hostel was closed in 1940 then re-opened in 1942 as a Probation Hostel for Roman Catholic Girls, known as Our Lady's House. It accommodated up to 24 girls, aged from 15 to 18 years, who had been placed on probation by the courts.
The establishment closed in 1969. The property is still in use as a hostel.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals. Before travelling a long distance, always check that the records you want to consult will be available.
- Daughters Of Charity Of St Vincent De Paul, Provincial House, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1RE. (Archivist: Sister Bernadette Ryder DC) Holds A-Z of individual files.
- None noted at present.
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.