Nazareth House, Ditton, near Widnes, Cheshire

A Nazareth House was established in 1905 at St Michael's Road, Ditton, near Widnes. It provided care for the aged poor of all denominations and for orphan and destitute boys.

The location of the home is shown on the 1927 map below.

Nazareth House, Ditton, Widnes, c.1927.

The home closed in the early 2000s. The buildings no longer survive and the site is now occupied by housing.

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

  • Sisters of Nazareth Archive, Sisters of Nazareth Archive, Nazareth House, 169-175 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8DB. The archivist is Christine Hughes. The archive contains material from the very beginnings of the order in the 1850s up until the present day. The archive is not open to the public and does not have facilities for personal searchers, although exceptions can be made for Sisters and for academic researchers. Enquiries are welcomed by post only for privacy and confidentiality reasons and replies are by also letter. There is no fee for dealing with enquiries, although donations to the Sisters are appreciated.

Bibliography