Children's Homes and Institutions in Co. Londonderry, Northern Ireland
AB=Northern Ireland Area Board; IS=Industrial School; LA=Ladies' Association; PL=Poor Law Home;
Rfy=Reformatory School; SA=Salvation Army; MH=Magdalen Home; MB=Mothers/Babies;
CS=Certified School; AS=Approved School; CHE=Community Home; LD=List D;
PHm=Probation Home; PHs=Probation Hostel; BI=Borstal; DC=Detention Centre;
DB=Barnardo's; WS=Waifs & Strays / Children's Society; NCH=National Children's Home; CC=County Council;
BC=Borough Council; LC=London Borough Council.
Links marked * are to pages on www.workhouses.org.uk.
- Ulster Training Home, Culmore
- GFS Lodge, Bishop Street, Derry
- Nazareth House, 174 Bishop Street, Londonderry
- Londonderry and North-West Ulster Female Penitentiary, 24 Hawkin Street, Londonderry (MH)
- Western Board Council Mourne Drive Children's Home, 36 Mourne Drive, Londonderry
- Good Shepherd Home, Dungiven Road, Waterside, Londonderry
- St Joseph's Home, Termonbacca, Southway, Londonderry
- Western Board Council Fort James Children's Home, Tullaly Road, Ardmore Road, Londonderry
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.