Children's Homes and Institutions in Anglesey, Wales
AB=Northern Ireland Area Board; IS=Industrial School; LA=Ladies' Association; PL=Poor Law Home;
Rfy=Reformatory School; SA=Salvation Army; MH=Magdalen Home; MB=Mothers/Babies;
CS=Certified School; AS=Approved School; CHE=Community Home; LD=List D;
PHm=Probation Home; PHs=Probation Hostel; BI=Borstal; DC=Detention Centre;
DB=Barnardo's; WS=Waifs & Strays / Children's Society; NCH=National Children's Home; CC=County Council;
BC=Borough Council; LC=London Borough Council.
Links marked * are to pages on www.workhouses.org.uk.
- Fron Home for Boys, Bodorgan (CS/WS)
- Anglesey Council Family Group Home, Holyhead (CC)
- Penrhos Industrial School for Girls, Holyhead (CS)
- Tan Altran Training Home, Holyhead (CS)
- Bangor &Beaumaris Union / Angelsey Council Home, Maesgarnedd, Llanfair PG* (PL/CC)
- Gwynedd Council Home, Y Gwyngyll, Llanfair PG (CC)
- Anglesey Council Family Group Home, Llangefni (CC)
- Gwynedd Council Home, 43 Ucheldre, Llangefni (CC)
- Anglesey Council Home, Bronheulog, Valley (CC)
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.