Certified Schools — Wales
Note that over the years, many establishments changed location and/or name, sometimes more than once.
Multiple dates for the same establishment may indicate a change of management or premises.
|Name and Location||Cert. Granted||Cert. Ended|
|Home for Roman Catholic Children, 1 Victoria Road, Barry||18-Aug-1899|| |
|Home for Roman Catholic Children, 19 St Nicholas Road, Barry|| 1-Feb-1898||18-Aug-1899|
|Home for Friendless Girls, 87 Newport Road, Cardiff||21-Sep-1895|| |
|Nazareth House Industrial School for Roman Catholic Girls, Colum Road, Cardiff||19-Sep-1878; 12-Oct-1892||27-Feb-1880|
|St Michael's Home / Treforest Nazareth House, Francis Street (now St Michael's Avenue), Treforest, Pontypridd||25-Sep-1878; 4-Dec-1905|| |
|Royal Cambrian Institution for the Deaf and Dumb, Heathfield, Swansea||29-May-1868|
|Swansea and South Wales Institution for the Blind, Heathfield Street, Swansea|| 4-Dec-1893|| |
|Home for Orphan Girls, Killay House, 365 Gower Road, Sketty, Swansea||1922|| |
|Swansea Home for Orphan and Friendless Girls, Longlands Place, Northampton Lane/Place, Swansea||12-Jun-1873||1922|
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.