Home for Friendless Girls, Durham, County Durham

The Home for Friendless Girls and Free Registry was established in 1882. In 1890, it occupied premises at 111 Framwellgate, Durham, and could accommodate 20 girls.

In 1893, the home was replaced by the St Cuthbert's Home for Girls in Darlington.

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

  • No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.

Bibliography

  • None noted at present.