Fulham Reformatory / Industrial School for Boys, Fulham, London

On 11th December, 1916, a certificate was granted to the London Council Council to operate a dual institution in school buildings at Finlay Street, Fulham, London SW6. The north block of the premises was used as an Industrial School while the south block became a Reformatory, each with a capacity in each case of 50 boys. The duration of the certificate was set to be for the duration of the war and for three months afterwards.

On April 5th, 1917, the whole site was re-certified as a Reformatory for up to 100 boys.

The establishment eventually closed April 9th, 1920.

The premises subsequently reverted to ordinary school use, later known as Gilliat School. The site is now occupied by Bridge Academy.


Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

  • No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.