Lindsey (Lincolnshire) County Council Homes
Children's establishments run by Lindsey (Lincolnshire) County Council.
- Barrow Hall, Barrow on Humber
- Holmleigh, Barton on Humber
- Family Group Home, 13 Poplar Drive, Brigg
- The Grove Reception Centre, 38 West Street, Scawby, Brigg
- Burgh Hall, Burgh le Marsh
- Family Group Home, Fieldside, Epworth
- Gainsborough Union / Lincolnshire Council Cottage Homes, 13-15 North Marsh Road, Gainsborough*
- Family Group Home, 1A Danes Road, Gainsborough
- Clarence House, Horncastle
- Grouped Homes, Mareham Road, Horncastle*
- Family Group Home, 34 Carver Road, Immingham
- Wordsworth Hostel for Girls, 205 Yarborough Road, Lincoln
- Family Group Home, 10 Virginia Drive, Louth
- The Grange, Market Rasen
- Family Group Home, 4 High Leas, Nettleham
- Family Group Home, 23 Manby Road, Scunthorpe
- Ellerslie, 15 Franklin Avenue, Skegness
* indicates link to pages on www.workhouses.org.uk.
Surviving records for council-run children's homes are generally held in each council's own internal archives. Prior to 1991, however, when a legal requirement was introduced for councils to retain records of children leaving their care, the survival of such records is very variable. Contact details for local authorities in the UK can be found on the website of the Care Leavers Association (CLA). The CLA also provides guidance on accessing childhood care files, which are normally only open to the individuals they relate to.
Older records may sometimes be placed with the relevant county or borough record office. Many of these offices have online catalogues of their holdings and also contribute to the National Archives' Discovery database. Note that records containing personal data usually have access closed for a period of fifty years or more.
Older material relating to Lindsey (Lincolnshire) Council homes may exist at:
- Lincolnshire Archives, St. Rumbold Street, Lincoln LN2 5AB.
Some records relating to council-run homes, for example inspection reports, are held by The National Archives (TNA). Again, a closure period may apply to these records.
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.