Mottingham House, Mottingham, near Eltham, Kent

On November 7th, 1903, Mottingham House, on Mottingham Lane, Mottingham, was certified to operate as a Certified School for Roman Catholic boys. It main function was to receive Catholic boys boarded out by the workhouse authorities. The premises could accommodate up to 75 boys, aged 3 to 8 years at their time of admission. The establishment, previously based at Eltham, was run by the Sisters of Mercy.

In around 1926, the School was relocated to Gravesend. The Mottingham building no longer survives and modern housing now occupies the site.

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

  • No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.

Bibliography

  • None noted at present.
  • None noted at present.