St Margaret's Home, Weston super Mare, Somerset
St Margaret's Home for girls was established in 1928 at 6 Queen's Road, Weston super Mare, Somerset. It was originally run by the Anglican organisation Holy Family Homes. In 1930, St Margaret's could could accommodate 15 girls, aged at least 5 years at their date of admission.
In the 1950s, the running of the Home was taken over by by the Community of the Sisters of the Church, an Anglican sisterhood of nuns sometimes referred to as the Kilburn Order, in conjunction with the Church Extension Association, who operated a number of other institutions.
St Margaret's had closed by 1963. The property is now in private residential use.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Community of the Sisters of the Church holds records for homes run by the Order. Enquiries should be directed to: The Community Archivist, Community of the Sisters of the Church, 10 Furness Road, West Harrow, Middlesex HA2 0RL.
- Anonymous, A Valiant Victorian: The Life and Times of Mother Emily Ayckbowm 1830-1900 of the Community of the Sisters of the Church (1964, A. R. Mowbray & Co. Ltd., London)
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.