Girls' Industrial School, Balham, London

On September 28th, 1889, the Industrial School for Girls, formerly at Langley Furze, Slough, was certified to operate in premises at St Paul's Lodge, Bedford Park Road, Balham SW12.

An inspection report published in 1890 gave a broadly positive account of the establishment which was now being superintended by Sister Louisa Mary, with Miss Twigg as schoolmistress. However, no further mention is made of the School in official reports so it presumably closed at around that date.

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

  • No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.

Bibliography

  • None noted at present.