Horwood House School / Children's Home, Witham, Essex

On January 1st, 1918, Horwood House Children's Home on Newland Street, Witham, was certified to operate as an Industrial School with accommodation for up to ten boys and girls under the age of five years. On November 1st, 1918, the upper age limit was raised to eight. The establishment was superintended by Miss K.L. Hunt.

In March, 1927, the School transferred to new premises at Langford Cross, Heybridge, near Maldon.

Records

Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.

  • No records noted at present for this establishment — any information welcome.

Bibliography

  • None noted at present.