St Crispin's Home, Bournemouth, Dorset
The St Crispin's Home for Boys was established in 1909 at 12 St Clement's Road, Bournemouth. It was run under the auspices of the Holy Family Homes, a Society of Anglo-Catholics, which aimed to extend to children 'the advantages of a real home life'.
St Crispin's could accommodate 14 boys, aged from 12 to 18 years, and acted as a 'continuation home' for boys who had previously resided at the Society's St Joseph's Home at Hinton Martell. While at St Crispin's, the boys received industrial training and then began outside employment.
The Home is thought to have closed in the early 1930s.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals. Before travelling a long distance, always check that the records you want to consult will be available.
- None identfied at present — any information welcome.
- Higginbotham, Peter Children's Homes: A History of Institutional Care for Britain s Young (2017, Pen & Sword)
- None identified at present.
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.