Children's Homes and Institutions in Co. Tipperary, Republic of Ireland
AB=Northern Ireland Area Board; AS=Approved School; BC=Borough Council; BI=Borstal;
CC=County Council; CHE=Community Home; CS=Certified School; DB=Barnardo's;
DC=Detention Centre; IS=Industrial School; LA=Ladies' Association; LC=London Borough Council;
LD=List D; MB=Mothers/Babies; MH=Magdalen Home; NCH=National Children's Home;
PHm=Probation Home; PHs=Probation Hostel; PL=Poor Law Home; Rfy=Reformatory School;
SA=Salvation Army; WS=Waifs & Strays / Children's Society.
Links marked * are to pages on www.workhouses.org.uk.
- County Home, Deer Park Road, Cashel (MB/CC)
- St Francis' Industrial School, Friar Street, Cashel (IS)
- Presentation Orphanage, Cashel
- Clonmel Borstal, Emmet Street, Clonmel (BI)
- Clonmel Industrial School, Clonmel (IS)
- St Bernard's Industrial School / Holy Angels College, Presentation Convent, Dundrum (IS)
- St Bernard's Group, Fethard (IS)
- St Mary's Home Industrial School for Roman Catholic Boys, Nenagh (IS)
- Sean Ross Mother and Baby Home, Short Corville Road, Roscrea (MB)
- St Anne's Hospital for Mentally Handicapped Children, Short Corville Road, Roscrea
- St Augustine's Industrial School, Mary's Street, Templemore (IS)
- County Home, Castlemeadows, Thurles (MB/CC)
- St Louis' Industrial School, Bank Street?, Thurles (IS)
- Tipperary Industrial School, Rosanna Road, Tipperary (IS)
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.