Children's Homes and Institutions in Argyllshire, Scotland
AB=Northern Ireland Area Board; AS=Approved School; BC=Borough Council; BI=Borstal;
CC=County Council; CHE=Community Home; CS=Certified School; DB=Barnardo's;
DC=Detention Centre; IS=Industrial School; LA=Ladies' Association; LC=London Borough Council;
LD=List D; MB=Mothers/Babies; MH=Magdalen Home; NCH=National Children's Home;
PHm=Probation Home; PHs=Probation Hostel; PL=Poor Law Home; Rfy=Reformatory School;
SA=Salvation Army; WS=Waifs & Strays / Children's Society.
Links marked * are to pages on www.workhouses.org.uk.
- Argyllshire Council Catherine Mary Home, Argyll Road, Dunoon (CC)
- Argyllshire Council Tollard House, Toward, Dunoon (CC)
- Glasgow Council Girls' Training Home, Clyde Cottage, King Street, Dunoon* (PL/BC)
- McKeith House, Argyll Road, Dunoon (CC)
- Glasgow Council Dunclutha Home for Physically Defective Young Persons, James Street / 113 Marine Parade, Kirn* (PL/BC)
- Argyllshire Council An Cala, 21 High Bank Park, Lochgilphead (CC)
- Argyllshire Council Home, 33 High Bank Park, Lochgilphead (CC)
- Mossbank Boys Camp, Ardgoil, Lochgoilhead (AS)
- Glagow Council Home, Blairvadach and Eda Yarrow, Main Road, Rhu (BC)
- Children's Welfare Home, Lagarie House, Torwoodhill Road, Rhu
- Florentine House Home for Girls, Tighnabruaich
Except where indicated, this page () © Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.